Here is a question for you, do you remember the Yahoo Publisher Network? Forget about that website if you have already did and get a load of the new Yahoo adsense ads that is called the Yahoo|Bing Contexual Ads. Yahoo’s publisher network failed and they didn’t do a good job at competing with Google Adsense. Since Bing and Yahoo’s search deal, they have tried to find ways to increase revenue that will satisfy both parties. Media.net has formed a partnership with Bing/Yahoo to enable this contextual network. FYI, you will need to request an invite if you are interested in becoming a publisher. It’s just like any other ad network, you fill out the application and wait for your website to get reviewed to see if it’s rejected or accepted.
Here is a brief overview of this publisher program:
- Huge Advertising Pool – High quality advertiser pools bidding. Don’t matter what niche your site is in, there will be advertiser’s competing for position and thus making you more money.
- Robust Targeting - They have auto-learning algorithm’s that will match the most relevant advertiser’s to each page of your site. Sorta like adsense targeting, this basically the same but this type of targeting is way more advanced.
- Customaztion – Just like adsense, you can create and customize your ad’s to the look and feel of your site. They have a skin gallery to pick a look if you don’t want to manually customize the ad’s. 15+ ad size’s available which makes it easier inserting ad’s into certain locations of your site. There more to read once you visit the homepage.
- Dynamic Optimization – I copied this from their homepage for you to read: “For each page on your site, we are able to contextually target Sponsored Links and Ad Topics to your users. On an impression-by-impression basis, our systems predict and deliver the highest yielding option“
- Greater Control – Basically you can prevent certain advertiser’s from advertising on your site. Adsense has a similar feature. Pass hints (keywords) to the ad unit and influence the ad targeting for any page on your site plus much more.
- Mobile Ads - This another way to monetize your site. Adsense has a similar feature but this one is a little different.
- Reporting – Just like Adsense, you got a report feature to check out your ad’s stat’s. More advanced than Adsense from the looks of it. I mean from reading information about this feature.
Like I said earlier in this blog post, I’ve requested an invite but I’m pretty much sure I will get rejected. These are the early stages of the Yahoo|Bing Network so they maybe picky on who to approve to fully test out this network. Just keep an eye on any news about this new contextual network. Perhaps they will compete with the big boy’s by the end of this year. You know if you have a quality website with a good amount of traffic and just hate Google Adsense, you can apply for an invite. I don’t know much more about this network as I have read some news on it earlier today.
If I get my account approved sometime in Oct. of this year, I’ll post a blog comment on this blog post about it. Let me know if you applied and have a an approved account that is earning some money. Oct. 15th is when they will start accepting and rejecting applications I believe.