The creators of the famous bulletin board software vBulletin have announced ambitious plans for the upgrade of the current vBulletin 4 to vBulletin 5. The software is named vBulletin 5 Connect. They have also announced that all major released will be done in a phased manner to ensure timely release and maintain quality.
So what features will the vB 5.0 Connect version have? Let us have a look of it below.
- Core vBulletin forum functionality including the activity stream, robust moderation tools and blogs.
- Site Builder with new page templates, making it easy to set and customize sites.
- Drag-and-drop configuration, simplifying page layout.
- Modernized User Interface with streamlined content entry (photos, video, etc.), to increase content creation.
- Enhanced content search and discovery via various content modules, engaging users into deeper site visits.
- Improved social functionality including groups, new user profiles, comments functionality, an integrated messaging hub, social content curation, real-time updates and more.
- Integrated mobile-optimized version for use on smartphones, ensuring these visitors stay and return.
- Improvements to the photo gallery and better integration of photos with other content.
- Simplified admin management with new features such as in-line site editing and customization.
- Improved architecture for better performance and easier customization.
- Built-in SEO features to maximize search traffic.
Along with the above features, an easy-to-use migrator tool will be released so that people can easily upgrade from vB 3 and 4 to vBulletin 5. This tool will also have the capability to help people migrate from other forum softwares to vBulletin.
Few features which already exist in vBulletin 4.2 will not be available initially. They are – CMS, Mobile Suite, Facebook App, Paid Subscriptions. They will be released in a phased manner once the main software is released.
Below is the snapshot of how the new board will look like:
Any thoughts on the future of vBulletin?