I just can’t wait till the new iOS 6 software is out for download on my iPhone. I have the 4s and will not be getting the iPhone 5 anytime soon as I just got this phone this past July and not eligible for an upgrade for 2 year’s. Besides, something better could be out by then like a iPhone 5s or a 6. lol Then again there could be some bugs with the iPhone 5 when it’s in millions of people’s handles so Apple will be working hard on correcting these. Ok, let’s just cut to the chase about the iOS 6 that’s coming out soon. The main thing I will like about this is that I won’t have to connect to a wi-fi network to use the FACETIME feature. I love this feature on my 4s because it’s so much better talking to someone when you get look them in the eyes and not just chat on the phone or text message.
Let me mention what’s coming in this new software version that you will like. (Now all new features, fix’s is mentioned below)
- Maps – The maps app will be redesigned with some new features. The maps are vector based which means more detailed images. Turn by turn directions, 3D view and real-time traffic plus a lot more. You can play around with this feature when you get the new software. I have never used this on my phone so I can’t say how much it’s improved from my point of view.
- Siri – I love Siri and used this when I was on vacation out os state earlier this year. With the new software version Siri will understand more languages and will work in more countries. There other minor tweaks as in finding the latest sports scores and yes they real scores from that day and not yesterdays scores. So if you at church, sneak out into the bathroom and get the score of the football game. Like I said, more tweaks been made to improve Siri’s performance.
- FaceBook – Facebook is integrated throughout the iOS. You can take a picture of yourself and share it on Facebook right away without opening up your Facebook app like we have to do right now. Facebook event’s integrated into your calendar on your phone plus a lot more neat stuff. Get a Facebook account if you don’t have one already. Sounds like I’ll be writing about this feature in the future when I can test it out. I’m always on Facebook. lol
- Share Photo Streams – Basically you can share selected photo’s with a selected audience. Simply select photos from the Photos app, tap the Share button, choose who you want to share your photos with, and they’re on their way.
- Passbook - Do you travel a lot, this app sounds pretty cool. You can scan your iPhone to check in to a flight, redeem coupons, get into a movie. You can see when your coupon expires on your device. Passbook will even alert you when you passed your terminal or you late. I don’t know any more details about this feature as I don’t travel and not interested in this.
- FaceTime – I mentioned this in the beginning of this blog post. No longer have to connect to the local wi-fi network to use facetime. I hate it when I forget my password for my wireless network. I have it written down in a safe place but it’s a pain in the…. Facetime will still work on wi-fi but also will work on cellular networks.
- Phone – New calling features will be added to your phone in this update. Now when you decline an incoming call, you can automatically send a text message to that caller or set a reminder for yourself to call that number. You can set custom default text message responses for when you decline a call and want to send a text message right away. Example, you are at work and busy on a project but get a phone call, just tap a button and send a text message “I’ll call you in a few minutes”.
- Mail - Mail will be redesigned to give us user’s a better experience. The interface will be streamlined for easier reading. You can set up VIP lists so if your mom sends an email, you will notice this message more easily or let’s just say more faster so you can reply back and not get yelled at by your mom. Adding videos and images will now be a little more easier to your email messages. Swipe down to refresh your mail to check for new messages. That’s not so hard to do, just don’t drop the phone.
- Safari – More tweaks and improvements for when you are surfing the internet. I’ll let you figure out the changes when you get the new software. What’s in store is icloud tabs, ability to switch to landscape website view, offline reading list..etc
- Accessibility - I have never used this feature but they did a overhaul of the features and added new ones so if your eyes are getting bad, you will be able to use your iPhone with no problems at all. One feature is the Guided Access one. You can disable certain apps and features on the phone before you let your kid play with your phone. Check out this feature when you access the accessibility option on the new iOS because I have no clue about this stuff as I don’t use it. Read a few things about it though :p
- Camera and Panorama – Big improvements with the camera features. Test them out when you upgrade to the new iOS. Just walk about your house and take pictures. Your family may think you crazy but you want to test everything out. I’m not that sure of all the details with the camera but you should get a phone just for the camera.
- Find My Phone – OMG, you lost your phone… What the heck can you do? The new iOS can help you out. iOS 6 and iCloud now offer Lost Mode, making it even easier to use Find My iPhone to locate and protect a missing device. You can lock your iPhone with a 4 digit passcode and send your phone a text message to display a contact number. As in your home phone to call you about your lost phone. Hopefully the person who found your phone is a nice person and will call you back about your phone. There more to this app but it’s a good one for sure.
- Find My Friends – I don’t really like this feature, in my book it’s an invasion of privacy to look on your map and see where your friends been. There more to this app but you can see for yourself with the new iOS. I won’t be using it at all. (My own opinion)
- Remodeled Stores – iOS 6 brings a new kind of shopping experience to the redesigned iTunes Store, App Store, and iBookstore. Right now, I buy a lot of ringtones and apps while on my phone. I can’t wait to see what’s changed with these.
I’m not an expert in Apples products/iOS Software, I was just mentioning things about the new iOS 6 software that’s coming out very soon from what I’ve read online. I wrote this blog post to give y’all a heads up on some features and what features are being revamped. There maybe more fix’s and bugs that come with this iOS 6 software that was not mentioned in this blog post. I’m just making you aware of this up front. The iOS 6 software is compatible with the following devices, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPad touch 4th generation, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 2 and the brand new iPad. This may take a bit of time to download when it comes out so do this before you go to bed and in the morning you can play with the phone while drinking your coffee.
Visit your iTunes homepage to see if the update is available in the next few week’s or less. I believe in total there will be about 200 features in this new software. Some could just be bug fix’s and security fix’s.
Don’t go over your data usage and happy texting.