If you have lived under a rock for a few years, forum posting seems to be one popular method that people are using to get backlinks or just get their signature link shown on the forum for curious members to click on. There is nothing wrong with posting on forums for backlinks or to get your signature link shown in public but doing it the wrong way can get you banned on a forum or just known on that forum as a low quality poster who is there for backlinks and not there to help give to the forum in a quality manner.
I’m going to mention a few ways to get banned by doing forum posting. If you have been banned from a popular forum or any forum in general, you might of did a few things below. (I will try to list some good ones but not going to list all of them as I’m a moderator my admin will read this blog post)
Ways To Get Banned Doing Forum Posting:
- Create a fake signature when starting to post even though there is a posting requirement to use the signature feature
- Post thank you for the great post or information in as many threads as you can in a very short time span to reach the requirement to get a signature if there is one on that forum.
- copy and paste content from elsewhere to answer questions in threads with no link back to the original author or source link. You can brand yourself as an expert if you don’t cheat by copying content but post if you actually know the real answer or give credit to where it is do.
- Create a introductions thread and say you are here to get backlinks or just here to get traffic to your website. Make it known that you don’t want to help people on the forum but yourself.
- Create multiple accounts on the forum if there is no signature posting requirements to have a conversation with yourself to get backlinks to both of your websites that would be in both your signatures.
- Constantly post your website link in your post after you sign your post with your name at the bottom of your post. (hello, that’s clearly self promoting)
I just posted a few things above and not going to keep giving y’all idea’s to test out on forums to see if you can get away with it. Posting on forums is great and can actually get you traffic and not just a backlink. Make quality posts in threads that actually helps out the thread creator and other members who may have similar issue’s relating to the thread creators original issue. Once you brand yourself as an expert on the forum or someone who actually knows what they talking about and can provide resources in the thread that will either solve problems or point the member in the right direction, people will start to take notice and actually check out your profile to view your website or signature. You don’t need to post a ton of replies in a short time span that ads no value to the thread.
Moderators can tell when someone is just trolling, posting for post count and just not reading the replies before posting. You may not get caught right away on that one forum but eventually you will and your account and other accounts if you created more than 1 will be removed and all your signature links will be gone. If you want to get a bad reputation on forums then by all means make low quality posts, create fake signatures and keep posting thank you type posts because you will not brand yourself as an expert or someone who you can trust if you keep acting shady.
When I purchase services in the marketplace section on some forums, I check that thread creators posts on that forum before doing business with that person. If that person made a bunch of crappy low quality posts to reach a post count to be able to PM or have the signature with some crappy posts, I won’t do business with that person because they could use shady tactic’s for there services that might get my domain banned by Google or blacklisted on other sites. Your forum reputation can go a long ways if you just take the time when responding to posts and try to be the 1 person who has the correct answer and on topic.
Forum posting is still a great marketing method to use but do it in a quality way and you won’t get banned on that one popular forum. Heck, one day you could become a mod on that one forum because of how well you conduct yourself on that forum and always give great advice and not just there to get a backlink.